Saturday, October 07, 2006

Letters to Eve

Almost serenely the courtroom mood is shifting -
as if like a haze in the room accompanied by
an extremely strong presence and the smell of musk.
*
*"You came to me enclosed in a human body. You had been looked upon and your frustrations multiplied. You gave and you prayed
that would not be trampled upon.
(Richard Schultz, An Angel Came , Outback Insides Publishing 1993, p.30 )
*
Two beings animate spirit Even Adam does approach Eve. No one says their name yet all knew it to be them . A Voice like unto the music heavens yearns to hear
play trembled slightly - Adam slowly began speaking:
*
"I went to the river to find you for I had asked that you meet me there among the deer, the coyotes and the salmon spawning. I called unto our New Gods and they led me straight the way. I came unto you for I had known you to be beautiful. I had known that I loved you. New Gods led me straight the way and they left me unto a place you were not. Yet I knew you were among the leaves among the deer. A wildflower I dare not pick.
*
You were about me and around me though nowhere were you to be found. The deer gazed longingly for they had looked to and they knew you to be with me. I called your name - Eve - and the music of that sound melted in the forest around me. I called unto the New Gods and yet they heard me not.
*
My feet began to travel with quicken pace. I came upon you and quite suddenly as you had been watching me. You took me sweetly and asked me not to tarry. I gazed longingly but quickened was your pace. We came upon a pool where stillness held the water and swam we into as dolphins. Merrily we raced and nuzzled and grinned happily as love we became with us. *
*
*
We swam unto the shore and galloped we ran and our hooves thundered loudly across the canyon. You shook your mane and spirited ran from me. I would catch you and again and we nuzzled and the smell of your breath still lingers.
*
"Again we must. " Your voice echoed and otters we became. You scampered and played and we scampered and we played. You said unto me "there is more - let us not tarry. " You led and I followed and we became and we became more. Always I held you and always you let go again to wait and to be held again. Always we came one unto the other and love did find us.
*

Your eyes I looked into remained the same as indeed your bodies changed. Your eyes beheld the Sun and your eyes looked into mine always. We saw that we knew one another and love had become us and we looked deeper. Neither was their fear. Neither was there turning away. We became one with with another and we became one with love. The trees and the birds and the animals became one with us. Yet our eyes had not looked away for in them we beheld each other. For in your eyes I beheld love and unto my eyes you beheld the same. For the love you had seen within me was the love given unto me by you. "

* As if a holographic mist Eve slowly began disappearing and Adam became more solid - more visible. The courtroom awestruck - these two beings - emanating life - multiplicity mirrors many many mirrors. Adam facing the jury directly. Eve demystifies and one as invisible. Adams' voice again shaky begins to trail although perfectly understood.
*
*
"The evening whispered softly and invited me to tread the tracks of where I had come to you. There was no fear in my heart and I knew neither would there be sorrow. I approached the river for I had wept at its banks. The deer rustled and the salmon lay in their watery grave. Instinct and the fierce struggle to continue life give life unto another had driven them by the hundreds along the these banks. This place where I came for my struggle. I came to give life and indeed the watery grave did beckon me.
* Yet tonight there was peace there was joy for only I saw the clarity of your eyes. Firmly she invited for again I had stood afar. Nothing could hide me from the Love that Eve is and even the night still moved and the air did smell of yearnings. For I had come to learn love from her to nourish and nurture as she does.
*
To give unto her, to give all unto her. To reach unafraid and to let go when received. Love complete - loyal - fierce - without reservation. I had come to her and Eve - weary, trampled by the coldness of a heart that pierces love with the steel of a blade. Even Eve precious woman did take me and abandon me not. For as the salmon had struggled to give unto another and lay as soldiers in their watery grave . She knew - that - I too must lie beside them.
*
For love was not to be struggled unto but to be given into. Love was not to be challenged for love surrenders. Love was not to be left wanting for love feeds and feeds completely. Love precious woman is life to be nourished, respected , guarded and to be made holy. Love gives to her breathing and even yet the beating of her heart. Even Eve - that which love is had abandoned me not for I had wept at the feet of her soul.
* Again I come to her this evening as the moon herself gives way to the haunting of sleep. While the Sun - fierce giver of life would rise to give what I had learned from her. Would rise to give me what she is. Indeed that is love and nourished aplenty. Love that sustains drawing forth even the dark foliage buried in seed beneath the forest floor relieving the yearnings of a night where darkness haunts only. Precious woman. Love awaits you and greater love to bestow you . All of you completely - wholly and passionately. Where your essence joins that of another. Another who has stood afar. This other yearning now only to love you. The way you have loved me completely."
*
*

No comments: