Saturday, October 07, 2006

Exposing Evangelical Hypocrisy

*
Lest ye think the evidence is not overwhelming against my case.
*
I submit to you Love as defined by my handy Funk and Wagnells after sifting through the airy romantic and sexual attraction definitions. I came across this startling statement.
*
LOVE: "The benevolence and mercifulness of God toward mankind. The adoration or devout affection of man toward God. "
*
Suddenly I feel like a home wrecker. There is this sweet enduring relationship between man and God - The edition is 1966 and I'm sure the later ones include woman. So here I am - looking weak in front of the defense - because the Bible too actually states as you might imagine that God is Love In fact it is a bit personal - because it goes like this.
*
"But the sons of Belial shall be all of them as thorns thrust away, because they cannot be taken with hands: But the man that shall touch them must be fenced with iron and the staff of a spear; and they shall be utterly burned with fire in the same place." (2 Samuel 23:6,7)
*
Whoop see!
There is a case of taking Gods words out of context,
those must have the bad guys!
*
Here goes:
*
"If you know not love you know not God for God is love." (1 John 4:8)
I thought the phrase God is Love would be all over the place but its only there twice and by John in the New Testament. Love and God go everywhere though God is just too humble to say - that he loves you himself. That is quite modest though, because all his mercies and tenders so adequately speak for themselves.
*
Oh but wait:
*
"And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation." (Exodus 34:6)
*
So there you have it. That sounds like real God fearin - knee fallin on better be good doin - love to me. The last part though - confuses me he loves me (not me silly) but if you mess up - your kids - their - kids - their kids - well - that makes it easy tormenting the teetotalers. But - Ask any one of his Generals in between the slaughters about Gods Love and if you recall God personally was going to wipe all his people out and directly repented to Moses and that my friend is - True Love. In fact he was so impressed by the emotion he directly did his magic thing and engraved the Ten Commandments for Moses to merrily go down the mountain with.
*
"Gee thanks Moses I was gonna murder a good thing - Doctor Phil might say that's a bit suicidal killin those created in my image."
*
I imagine he just sat up there on the mountain all teary-eyed mumbling "Yea - love man that's a good thing - can't wait tell the 60s. Thou shalt not kill -Thou shalt not steal - my heart is just melting. I'm feeling all snively about this repentin stuff. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me - don't get testy on that one you little bastards. Thou shalt not covet. Nope don't do that we got plenty of spoils to carry ways from the next city which are "spoils carried away" not stealing. Utterly destroying - not killing .Who out there is questioning my interpretation? Where's my Sword? I was just feelin all good about myself. Where's' my man Moses. I have the Sword of the Lord. I make the rules - I tell you what to do - my examples is what I tell you - you want the real thing? Jesus my boy is on his way and I'll crucify that little bastard so ya all feel sorry just don't forget it is through him you get to me and ya all want to come to heaven - right?"
*
I got to be off to warring. Jealous is my name - I be a God of war - Revenge is my - name. Why is Satan just preenin - standin around here takin up my full - length mirror? Every time he comes to visit with my boys - he just wants to hang. I say boy you want to hang? Go down and do your hangin on some heathens.
*
This be a love fest - what you take me for? I say Satan - get thee behind me. No that's what my boy Jesus says when you think you can just go buddying up to him I got to raise my kid right - no devil music - no R ratings PG that's right pretty good - no nudity. Tell Janet Jackson to get her breast back in her blouse. Kids get back to your video game and get good at some killin. We got a murderin - mayhem movie - marvelous. Go to church on Sunday. Got my boy in a real fine private religious school. He be studying all about his Daddies' Love. Still a virgin Mary gonna born him and she still be a virgin. If a woman's' lain with a man - Moses you kill her but if she's a virgin - she's' mine.
*
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." (Deuteronomy 6:4 -7)
*
"(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth." (Deuteronomy 6:1)
*
Thats more like it - You won't find God Matching funds with George Soros
for Move on . org
*

No comments: